For those who don't know, I ordered some purple clip in hair extentions. There was a mistake on the site and they were only half as long as they said they were (about 20cm long instead of 46) so there's not much I can do with them. I could give myself a purple emo fring but that's about it (and I'd still have to buy a scarf or something to hide the clips). The site's giving me a $15 discount on the next thing I buy, but it's not much consolation given that they cost me $50 plus postage. :(
The whole thing left me wanting to do something to my hair. Unfortunately there's not much i can do. I have no money and mum stole my hair straightener. Since i don't live with her anymore I don't have easy access to it. I'd rather not cut my hair (and can't afford to get someone to do it), I can't dye it cool colours because I can't bleach it (it burns...) and I can't afford to buy cheap but colourful extentions. It doesn't help that diva has some stuff I could modify but they're charging heaps for it. I'll have to wait until it ends up in the $5 sale. Eventually I'm going to make some synth dreads ( pictures here for those who don't know what I'm talking about) but it will be a while before I can afford to make enough (like some time next year). So in the mean time I have to think of something cool to do with insanely long insanely curly hair that can't be dyed.
Any ideas?
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

oh god that's really hard :S uum plait it all in tiny braids...? sorry I just have no idea Xx i know it costs money, so it's not really an option, but you could dye it, not the colours you want, i know, but like you could get reds and auburns and purple and stuff like that in your hair and it would show up without bleach.
ReplyDeleteoooh I wanna see the dreads when you're done XD even if that's not for another year XD Kellyjane on dA has some awesome ones tho I'm sure you've seen plenty yourself lol
ReplyDeleteit might help if you post a pic of your extensions? like what are the clips like? cause I thought u could clip them on sorta at the front mebbe, so even tho they're short they'd still show I guess? I dunno, don't listen to me XD
Oh btw I have a hair straighter you could use if you want? It's still in dunedin with my parents so yeah, if you wanted to you could borrow it for as long as you like (I was planning to sell it eventually cause it did cost me a lot), tho to me it's really crappy so you might not want to use it but the offer's there if you want :)
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was going to braid it but I can't afford the ties for them until saturday (yes, I'm really that broke). I will have to steal my straightener back from mum to make my dreads, so I might have to see if she's still using it as much as she was. It is mine, after all. XD
ReplyDeleteAnd I will definately post pics of the dreads when they're done and installed. And probably some updates along the way. I was actually planning to get some string and see if I could make box dreads with those. Not that I can afford it, but I can try. XD
The extentions I bought: http://www.hairplus.co.nz/index.php?target=products&product_id=1031
ReplyDeleteIn purple